34th Annual Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour
Saturday September 22 & Sunday September 23, 2018: 10 am to 5 pm
Wednesday February 7, 2018
Open to artists living and working in Peterborough city and county (south of Burleigh Falls)
The Peterborough-Kawarthas region is rich with talented
artists practicing in a range of styles and media. Each year, the AGP presents
the Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour (KAST) as a part of its commitment to art education and
support for local artists. From Stoney Lake to
Rice Lake and throughout the city of Peterborough, KAST offers the public a chance
to view art in the working spaces of artists. Artists get the opportunity to
share their practice, connect with potential supporters, and promote their work.
The two-day Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour is self-driven and admission is free. The
AGP mounts supporting exhibition(s) to present samples of the outstanding
quality, spirit, and variety of artists on the Studio Tour.
Applications are reviewed by a Jury composed of
artists, AGP staff, board, and members. Not all applications are accepted. Jury
decisions are final. Artists will be notified of results by February 28, 2018.
Jurors select artists and consider the quality of work,
the studio (location, accessibility, and presentation), and the public
experience (balance and variety of media representing the region, studio
Artists may apply to present work in another artist's studio. All artists must have made an individual KAST application and been accepted by the Jury. Otherwise, guest artists are not permitted.
Accepted artists must
be current members and pay the participation fee of $180.
Selected artists are responsible for:
- Delivery and pick up of artwork for any
related exhibitions and displays.
- Distribution of artist’s share of
brochures and posters.
- Posting and subsequent removing of
studio directional signs.
- Ensuring studio space is safe and
prepared to welcome visitors.
- Ensuring liability insurance for studio.
- Selling own artwork, accepting
- Offering demonstrations.
- Maintaining open studios for both days
and available to the public, 10 am to 5 pm.
- Have assistance at your studio at all
times for rest breaks and safety.
- Recording and reporting visitor
statistics to the AGP Program Coordinator within 10 days of the tour.
The Art Gallery of Peterborough is responsible for:
- Managing applications and Jury selection
of tour participants.
- Recruitment and management of sponsors
- Producing all promotional and marketing
materials and managing communications (web, social media, brochure, printed
materials, newspapers, radio, TV).
- Distributing information and promotional
materials to media and galleries
- Production and allocation of directional
- Managing related exhibitions, openings,
- Managing the budget and payments for
KAST related activities.
- Compiling and presenting statistical
data to KAST participants.