37th Annual Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour
September 25 & 26, 2021
About the Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour—now celebrating its 37th Anniversary!
The Peterborough-Kawarthas region is rich with talented artists practicing in a range of styles and media. Each year, the Art Gallery of Peterborough (AGP) presents the Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour (KAST) as a part of its commitment to art education and support for local artists.
KAST offers the public a chance to view art in the working spaces of artists, while artists get the opportunity to share their practice, connect with potential supporters, and promote their work. The two-day Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour is self-driven, and admission is free. The AGP also mounts a supporting exhibition to preview the outstanding quality, spirit, and variety of artists on the Studio Tour.
Application deadline: Tuesday February 16, 2021 @ 11:59 pm via Submittable.
Please note: This call is open only to artists living and working in the City of Peterborough and Peterborough County (south of Burleigh Falls).
Applications are reviewed by a Jury composed of artists, AGP staff, and AGP board members. Jurors select each artist and consider the quality of work, the studio (location, accessibility, and presentation), and the public experience (balance and variety of media representing the region, studio demonstrations, drivability, etc.).
Artists will be notified of results by the end of March 2021.
Jury decisions are final. Not all applications are accepted.
Please note: We do not accept hard-copy or emailed submissions. If you are unable to submit your application through Submittable, and you need to make other arrangements, please contact the Education and Programming Coordinator, Andrew Ihamaki (see below for contact information).
There is no fee to apply.
If accepted, artists will be required to pay a participation fee of $180 and must be an active member of the Art Gallery of Peterborough for the duration of the studio tour.
Selected artists are responsible for:
- Delivery and pick up of artwork for any related exhibitions and displays.
- Distribution of artist’s share of promotional material.
- Posting and subsequent removal of studio directional signage.
- Ensuring studio space is safe and prepared to welcome visitors.
- Ensuring liability insurance for studio.
- Selling own artwork, accepting commissions, etc.
- Offering demonstrations.
- Maintaining open studios for both days from 10 am to 5 pm.
- It is mandatory for artists to always have additional support/assistance at their studio for monitoring crowds, rest breaks and general safety.
- Recording and reporting visitor statistics and sales to the AGP Education Program Coordinator within 10 days of the tour's conclusion.
- Adhering to the AGP Communication Plan and Schedule, which includes, but is not limited to, branding for social media posts and online promotion.
The Art Gallery of Peterborough is responsible for:
- Managing applications and the Jury selection of tour participants.
- Recruitment and management of sponsors and advertisers.
- Producing all promotional and marketing materials and managing communications (which may include, but is not limited to, web, social media, brochure, printed materials, newspapers, radio, TV).
- Distributing information and promotional materials to media, other galleries, and Tourism offices.
- Production and allocation of directional signs.
- Managing related exhibitions, openings, and receptions.
- Managing the budget and payments for KAST related activities.
- Compiling and presenting statistical data to KAST participants.
Please note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the status of and information related to the 2021 Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour may be subject to change in accordance to public health guidelines and restrictions.
Education and Programming Coordinator
705-743-9179 ex. 2025
"Applications are for internal use only. No information will be published without the artist's approval."